BY NICOLO FISOGNI
IT ALL STARTED with the expropriation of a garden paid with a planning permission and the decision of converting a carpentry into a service station construction company with his brother.
That’s how in 1966 during a rebuilding of a service station Guido Fisogni’s attention was caught by a rusty and dusty ’30 Satam, instead of throwing it away he took it to the office to be repaired by his specialized technician.
Knowing the importance of the authenticity and the completeness of the piece he looked at the genuine designs and projects and putting together more equal gas pumps to have “The” gas pump, during 40 years of researches he gathered 150 different oil pumps, from 1892 until 1981, all of them with the functioning mechanics and the shining varnish.
Among the others there is even, in proud “Littorio” style, the one used by Benito Mussolini to refuel his Alfa Romeo.